Junior Software Developer
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Reporting To: Senior Developer
General Purpose and Scope: Eproductive is a rapidly expanding cloud-based software company, providing solutions to the charity and hospitality sectors. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our software development team, to be based in Dorking.
If you are keen to get into software development field and have no or little experience, this is an ideal opportunity for you. We at Eproductive are firm believers in developing employees both personally and professionally. We have a thorough training and development structure enabling our employees to perform well in all aspects of their job.
The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
1. Writing SQL queries to retrieve data from the client databases.
2. Carry out analysis on client data and produce reports for the clients.
3. Answering queries from help desk.
4. Writing new code and supporting the existing code to meet client requirements.
5. Unit testing the development work.
6. Proficiency in SQL would be followed by training in further programming languages to begin carrying out further development of in-house code. Other languages include Java, HTML, XSLT etc.
7. Understanding and documenting business requirements based on discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
8. Writing technical specifications based on the business requirements.
9. Involved in regular review meetings and providing progress reports to the Project Manager.
10. Carry out various office duties and any other duties consistent with the role as required.
Qualifications / Experience
• No previous experience is required as thorough training is provided on the job. Training is carried out through external courses where required and in-house, both in a formal classroom environment and through one-to-one mentoring.
• A record of consistent academic achievement, particularly in mathematics and/or IT.
• Keen interest in computing and software development
• Must be able to work as a member of a team, communicate effectively and have good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, highly methodical and a keen eye for detail.
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Self-motivated and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the stakeholders, reliable and able to deliver under pressure.
• A ‘complete finisher’ – able to take responsibility for tasks and able to see them through to completion
To apply, please email email@example.com, enclosing a CV and covering letter.